When I was in college and graduate school I wrote articles for our city newspaper, had pieces published in trade magazines, and had some of my poetry published as well. I have always loved to write, and the first time I saw my own writing in print was when I was eleven years old. I had written a piece about bicycle safety and my local newspaper published it.
After my babies were born, I blogged about children's nutrition for bellaonline.com. It was a fun way for me to share some knowledge, and keep my creative juices flowing over the mommy brain fog of those days. I did not get paid for it, but I enjoyed doing it. During that time I also wrote short articles for another company and did earn royalties from that (and still do!)
I miss writing. I miss having the mind-space to think about the world in less-than-practical ways all the time. I yearn for the freedom, the breeziness of thought that I once had when my only care in the world was how little money I was making as a temp, and when would I ever find a teaching job?
If you have a longing to write, whether it is a new desire, or one long-buried, I would love to have you be a guest blogger here! If you are reading this, I am assuming you are a homeschooler, but even if you're not and are only thinking about it, I encourage you to contact me.
Here's What You Are:
* passionate about children
* concerned about education
* a veteran homeschooler, a beginning homeschooler or a wannabe homeschooler
* a homeschooled high school student
* always seeking to learn
* able to write concise blog posts no longer than a few paragraphs without a whole lot of editing
* excited about this opportunity to get your name (and website, if you have one) out there
Here's What You're Not:
* the perfect parent
* the perfect homeschooler
* judgmental about the methods or ways other families homeschool
* looking to make money doing this
* someone who believes that there is only one way to homeschool
* wanting to use this platform to promote your own political or social ideas
Why You Want Work With Us:
* you love to write
* homeschoolinflorida.com is a high-traffic website that has been around since 2008
* you want to share your experience, strength and hope with others who are (or want to) walk our path
* you have a website or blog of your own and would like the exposure here
* blogging with a community is really fun!
Contact me and we'll talk some more!